The British parliamentarians who oppose the non-agreement of Brexit will seek to control Congress time tomorrow in order to pass legislation to force Prime Minister Johnson (Boris Johnson) to try to delay the Brexit period by three months.
Reuters reported that members of Congress will present an urgent debate today. If the parliament vote today, they will take control of the National Assembly at 14 o’clock GMT tomorrow (22 o’clock in the evening of Taiwan time).
They will use this time tomorrow to try to pass legislation and run counter to the wishes of the government.
The following are the relevant points of legislation:
● Request the government to reach one of the following two conditions by October 19:
1. Agreement with the European Union and approval by the National Assembly
2. Acquired Congress to agree to no agreement to leave the EU
● If these are not possible, the government must write to the EU to extend the Brexit deadline to January 31 next year.
● If the EU agrees to extend until January 31 of next year, Johnson & Johnson must immediately accept the extension.
● If the European Council proposes different extension dates, Johnson & Johnson must accept it within two days unless Congress rejects it.
● If any of these conditions are met after the letter is sent, the government can withdraw or modify the letter.